Homemade knits and crafts

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yoga Gauntlets

I've been having problems doing various yoga poses because my hands keep slipping. Trying to maintain Downward Facing Dog was becoming quite comical as my hands slid further down the mat. Being the resourceful knitter I decided to make some modified gauntlets to stop the skidding. Cotton seemed like it would be best for my yoga gauntlets so I picked up some Lily Sugar 'n Cream in Summer Splash and began knitting. Here is the pattern I devised.

  1. Cast on 30 stitches using size 8 needles.
  2. Work in Knit 1, Purl 1 ribbing for 8 rows.
  3. Work in Stockinette for 8 rows.
  4. Work in Knit 1, Purl 1 ribbing for 8 rows.
  5. Bind off
  6. Weave the seam together leaving a 1.5 inch opening for your thumb.


yoga cuffs or yoga gauntlets


I wore the gauntlets to my yoga class this week and they worked ... no more sliding!

No comments: